Friday, March 9, 2012

Episode 30: Update from Aroma, and another Dispatch from Lewiston

If I let it this could become the weekly "exploration of Aroma's menu" blog. It's the place we seem to default to when I'm too tired to cook and we don't want to think to hard about where to eat out. I'm not going to post here everything I try something new off their menu--only when something is so delicious I think everyone should try it. Today that something is the Goat Chettinad Curry. This is a southern Indian dish, from the state of Tamil Nadu, and thus densely seasoned with curry leaves, mustard seeds and chilis. The result is the most savory goat I've had in Maine (even better than the Somali goat at Safari restaurant).

I've tried yet another Thai place in Lewiston, Pepper and Spice at 825 Lisbon Street. (I hesitate to link to their website, because they have some annoying music playing on their homepage.) I can't do a head-to-head comparison with Thai Jarearn, as I did not order Jungle Curry (or duck). But I did get a pork garpow that was nose-tinglingly spicy and basil-fragrant. (And the prices are lower--amazingly affordable, in fact.)

No comments:

Post a Comment