Monday, February 13, 2012

Episode 23: On the Road (Silence Explained)

I've been trying to write an entry about some excellent grinders we had in Connecticut, or an amazingly delicious hole-in-the-wall Haitian takeout place discovered in Rockland County, New York. But what led me to go through those places was the funeral of my wife's grandmother. And no matter how I try, I cannot find a way to discuss the food in isolation of the sad circumstances without feeling like an ass.

So if you happen to be near a dingy shopping center in Spring Valley, at the northeast corner of North Main Street and Eckerson, go to Sunshine Restaurant and order the tassot (fried goat) or the legumes (vegetable stew), "complet" in either case. And if you happen to be passing through Connecticut, you could do a lot worse than to stop at one of the many locations of Nardelli's. May you do so in good health and good cheer.

No comments:

Post a Comment